No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The Netflix Stranger Things #HopperNeedsHelp Sweepstakes is sponsored by Netflix, Inc. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C. (see rules for further eligibility) who are 13 or older as of date of entry. Begins 10/17/17 at 12:00 AM ET & ends 10/22/17 at 5:59 PM ET. For official rules, visit www. netflixSTpremiere.com
Legal Disclaimer Copy to be included in any banner ad and Social Media Post that Mentions the Promotion:
NoPurchNec. 13+ Ends 10/22 Rules: http://bit.ly/2zfKRRc
NETFLIX STRANGER THINGS #HOPPERNEEDSHELP SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Netflix Stranger Things #HopperNeedsHelp Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins October 17, 2017 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends October 22, 2017 at 5:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Netflix Inc. (“Sponsor”), Brand Connections (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, entrants (each, an “Entrant”) may upload an original video (30 seconds or less) or an original photo with optional caption that depicts Entrant in their favorite Chief Hopper scene (collectively, “Entry”) in any of the following ways:
· Facebook: Find the call-to-action post on www.facebook.com/StrangerThingsTV (“Post”) and comment to the Post with your Entry including #HopperNeedsHelp. Posting on a Facebook Post during the Sweepstakes Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules. If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Facebook.com.
· Twitter: Tweet your Entry and include #HopperNeedsHelp and #Sweepstakes within the tweet to be eligible. You must have a public Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Including #HopperNeedsHelp and #Sweepstakes in a Tweet during the Sweepstakes Period constitutes your agreement to these Official Rules.
· Instagram: From your web-enabled mobile device, post your Entry on Instagram and include #HopperNeedsHelp and #Sweepstakes within the post to be eligible. You must have a public Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store.
must be depicted in the Entry. Entrant
may also depict others in his/her Entry, but must make all those depicted in
the Entry aware that he/she is entering a Sweepstakes with the Entry and attest
that all depicted have agreed that Entrant may submit such Entry. If potential
Grand Prize winner’s Entry depicts others in his/her Entry, potential Grand
Prize winner will be required to obtain written permission from the individual(s)
(or parent/legal guardian if deemed a minor in his/her state of residence). Limit
one entry per social platform throughout the duration of the sweepstakes.
4. Entry Requirements: All Entries must adhere to the following requirements (“Entry Guidelines”) and the entire Official Rules of the Sweepstakes. Any Entry that does not adhere to these Entry Guidelines or the requirements set forth in these Official Rules is subject to disqualification from the Sweepstakes:
· Entry must be in English
· All Entries must adhere to the applicable platform’s terms and conditions.
· Clothing worn in the Entry may not contain any visible logos (other than those owned by Sponsor), drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials other than those owned by Sponsor.
· Entry may not include any other public or private figure, including any anti-social, political or religious groups, any advertisements, personal or commercial solicitation or promotional materials or full name, address, phone number, or URL address or other identifying information of any person or entity
· Entry may not have been submitted previously in a Sweepstakes of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond Entrant’s immediate circle of friends and family) through any means
· Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entry may not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group)
· Entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor
· Entrants and all Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion
· The Entry may not disparage, slander or libel persons or organizations associated with Sponsor or any other brands, companies, or individuals
· The Entry may not contain information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading, including false, inaccurate, or misleading claims about Sponsor or their respective products
· The Entry must be Entrant’s own original, unpublished work and must not contain, incorporate or reference any content that is owned by any third party or entity (other than the Sponsor), would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction, or which infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights including, but not limited to, copyrighted music
· The Entry may not contain content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, and false advertising)
· The Entry may not contain any violence or content that engages in, encourages, advocates, discusses with the intent to commit, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense or would otherwise violate any federal, state, local or international law or rule
· The Entry may not contain material or content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group or that is otherwise unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, corporation, or political body
· The Entry may not contain material or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any other third party
· The Entry may not contain content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity
· The Entry may not cause injury to any person or entity
· The Entry may not contain viruses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information
Participation is subject to disqualification of all Entries, if multiple accounts are used by the same person. Normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply. By entering, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees to waive any rights they may have to the Entry submitted. In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting their Entry. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants and winner acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entrant (or parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that if he or she is ultimately determined as the winner (as defined below in Rule #5), he or she consents to being contacted via email/phone in order to complete confirmation.
5. Random Drawing: On or about October 22, 2017, one (1) Grand
Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received
throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by the
Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final
and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning the
Grand Prize depend on the total number of entries received.
6. Prize: Grand Prize (1): A 2-day/1-night trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA to attend the premiere of Stranger Things: Season 2 (“Premiere”) on October 26, 2017. Trip includes round Trip includes round trip, coach class air transportation from the major airport nearest the winner’s home city to Los Angeles, one night’s hotel accommodations at a Sponsor-specified hotel, round-trip ground transportation to/from airport/hotel and two (2) tickets to the premiere. The approximate retail value of the prize is $4,999.00. Grand Prize trip must be taken from October 26, 2017 through October 27, 2017 or on dates specified by Sponsor. Dates are subject to change. In the event the Premiere is cancelled, that portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be made. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of the Premiere due to unforeseen circumstances, or those outside of Sponsor’s control. Sponsor may take videos and/or photos at the movie premiere ("footage") and by accepting prize, Grand Prize winner and his/her guest agree that Sponsor may edit and use that footage or portions of the footage in any way they see fit.
Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID), in order to travel. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, winner’s parent/legal guardian must accompany him/her on the trip. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, airline baggage fees, taxes, tips, entertainment, additional transfers, and transportation to and from winner’s home residence/airport and to/from the hotel/Premier are the Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility (or his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s responsibility if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence).
All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event Grand Prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to eject them from the Premiere.
7. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by direct message/private message/comment on their entry and must respond as directed within 12 hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected and notified as indicated above, time permitting. Potential Grand Prize winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will then be sent via email, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and Assignment of Rights (“Affidavit Package”) and will be required to complete, sign, and return the Affidavit Package via email/fax within 12 hours of being notified in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner fails to respond as directed in the direct message/private message/comment on their entry or fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to the Entrant with the next highest score, time permitting. Prize will be awarded, time permitting. Potential winner understands and agrees that, as a condition of being confirmed a winner, he/she may be subject to a background check at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Based on the results of the background check, at the discretion of the Sponsor, potential winner may be disqualified: (a) if charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor; (b) if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor; (c) if he/she is not eligible to receive the Grand Prize (if determined the winner) based on the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Return of prize or Finalist notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination, time permitting. Travel companion of the Grand Prize winner (or Entrant, as travel companion’s child/charge, if he/she is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to complete a Release of Liability prior to travel.
8. General Rules: Winner and all Entrants (or their parents/legal guardians if a minor in their state of residence), as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry/vote or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. Winner (or his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Acceptance of Grand Prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, footage (if applicable) and Entry for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant (or his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the account submitted at the time of Entry. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will determine the winner from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation according to the Judging Criteria outlined above. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Entrant/voter be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant/voter hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
10. Disputes. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California in the United States of America, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in the state of California and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in the state of California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred; including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but shall not include attorneys' fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render the same valid and enforceable and these Official Rules will be construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law as if such provision had been originally incorporated herein as so modified or restricted, or as if such provision had not been originally incorporated herein, as the case may be.
11. Winner List: For the first name and last initial of the winner, available after November 1, 2017, send a self-addressed stamped envelope postmarked by December 1, 2017 to: Netflix Stranger Things #HopperNeedsHelp Sweepstakes Winner List, 1500 Broadway 32nd Floor, New York, New York 10036.
12. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Netflix Inc., 100 Winchester Circle, Los Gatos, CA 95032. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Brand Connections, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10036.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in connection with this Sweepstakes or in connection with promotional or other activities of Sponsor.